Why I Don’t Use A Facial Cleansing Brush
Patients want smooth, clean, vibrant skin. What will accomplish this? Simple…Exfoliating, cleansing, & infusing the serums past the first few layers of the skin.
My initial assessment of a Facial Cleansing Brush, like the popular Clarisonic, was great! A device that would give me a deep cleanse, stimulate circulation & exfoliate was a great buy! BUT…what about patients with acne? Rosacea? Patients that don’t cleanse the brush properly? As an esthetician, I know how important a clean brush is. I also know how much pressure I should apply when cleansing. And I am aware of how terrible it could be to push bacteria around the skin & possibly impact the pores. So, I questioned how great the Facial Cleansing Brush would be for a patient without education and the right skin type.
I chose not to purchase the Facial Cleansing Brush because I refused to use or promote a product I would not stand by or recommend to my patients. Meanwhile, I was searching for a device that would meet my very high 😉 expectations. Then I found the Foreo Luna Pro!!!
Why do I love the Foreo Luna Pro? The real quesiton is, why not?! Every concern I had with the Facial Cleansing Brush, the Luna Pro had an acceptable solution.
- The Luna Pro utilizes sound waves to engage the lymphatic system causing the pores to gently open. The Facial Cleansing Brush uses bristles that twist the pores, and with aggressive strokes, could enlarge the pores and effect the elasticity of the skin.
- The Luna Pro has silicone touch points that is non-porous, antibacterial, and easy to clean. The Facial Cleansing Brush is not anti-bacterial and is a nylon or nylon like material that can be contaminated.
- The Luna Pro is one component and doesn’t require replacement. The Facial Cleansing Brush requires you replace the head after so many uses.
- The Luna Pro is chargeable and when fully charged will last up to 450 uses. The Facial Cleansing Brush needs daily recharging.
- The Luna Pro can be submerged in up to 4 feet of water. The Facial Cleansing Brush can not.
- The amount of money I invest in good skin care products, I want to know that the products are being absorbed. The Luna Pro has a setting that infuses the serums and cream into the skin. The Facial Cleansing Brush does not.
Seems silly that anyone would choose the brush over the Luna Pro, right? Wrong. Without proper education from a qualified professional, patients are unaware of the obvious benefits.
I have been using the Luna Pro for a while. After seeing and feeling the results from the Luna Pro, I am hooked! My skin has a radiant glow and a smooth finish. In my opinion, the Facial Cleansing Brush is a good product for the right skin type in the right hands. I need a device that I can trust all of my patients to use and get good results. That is why I do not use a Facial Cleansing Brush. I trust the Luna Pro by Foreo for my skin.