In the United States the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) has instituted November as Healthy Skin month. Timeless Rx will be honoring National Heathy Skin Month! November is a wonderful time of year! Change is in the air! The fall weather gets a bit crisper and cool. The anticipation of winter is right at our feet. Northern states experience much colder Novembers, but here in Louisiana, we get beautiful weather! Amidst the wonderful change in the air, let’s be conscious, proactive, & change our bad skin care habits!
Here are a few tips to changing your bad skin care habits to achieve healthy skin:
• SKIN CARE PRODUCTS – Heathy skin starts, maintains & finishes with good skin care. Schedule your skin care consultation at Timeless Rx! ZO Medical & Skin Heath has a variety of amazing products that are formulated to transform your skin! Reba & I will be happy to prescribe the perfect ZO products to cater to your individual skin care needs.
• SUN SCREEN – Summer is over, but the sun is still shining. Because 80% UV rays can penetrate through clouds, on a cloudy or overcast day you are exposed! Remember to reapply every 80 minutes for continuous protection. You may reduce the sun protection factor (SPF), but not lower than a 30 SPF. The change in weather doesn’t change the risk of skin cancer!
• EXFOLIATE – As the weather changes from cold to hot your skin can build up dead skin cells. The buildup affects the amount of absorption your skin gets from your products. This means that moisturizing alone will not be effective without exfoliating since it can’t fully penetrate the skin to hydrate it. Exfoliating can be harmful if overdone or the wrong exfoliant is used. To make sure you are properly exfoliating, stop by the clinic. I can analyze your skin and recommend the right exfoliating regimen.
• HYDRATION – Make sure you stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water! Staying hydrated will help you avoid dehydration, reduce stress, maintain fluid balance, control calories, energize muscles, aids bowl function, and keeps the skin healthy! You can hydrate your skin by using moisturizers. As the weather gets colder, our skin gets drier. Dry skin leads to irritation and premature aging, so slather up! You can also avoid harsh bath soaps & detergents, as this will strip your skin of its natural oils essential for staying hydrated. Dove Sensitive body wash is a good choice for safely cleansing & hydrating the body.
• DIET – Eating a balanced diet will help you avoid vitamin deficiency. Among other health concerns, vitamin deficiency causes stress on the skin and can result in breakouts. If you are concerned that you are lacking vitamins, minerals and vital nutrients, Reba can order blood work to check levels. From there, she can recommend treatment, a balanced diet and life style changes for a healthier you!
• SKIN CHECK – 1 in 5 Americans will develop skin cancer in their lifetime. Skin cancer can develop on anyone, regardless of skin tone, anywhere on the body. Melanoma is responsible for the most deaths; 1 American dies from Melanoma almost every hour. BE PROACTIVE! Visit your dermatologist for a full body check. Even if you don’t see any suspicious markings, in lieu of National Heathy Skin Month, go get checked. Being proactive can save your life! Encourage your spouse, family & friends to also get checked. If you do not currently see a dermatologist, I will recommend one. If you have any questions or concerns, contact Timeless Rx.
• CALM DOWN – This time of year can be hectic. Planning for holidays can be extremely stressful! Don’t let the holiday stress get you! Stress can internally effect your health and externally can affect your skin. Stress can cause acne and wrinkles…so chill out! Make time for yourself! Praying, yoga, & breathing exercises are perfect for calming the mind, body & spirit.
Skin health is very important! Your skin is the largest organ of the body – TAKE CARE OF IT! At Timeless Rx, it is our goal to help you achieve skin health & overall wellness. We are here for YOU! Take the time in the month of November to take care of your skin!