EIGHT FILLING FOODS THAT GIVE YOU MORE BANG FOR YOUR BITE!
Need to lose those remaining stubborn pounds? Try the following eight foods that aid in dietary fiber, powerful protein and essential nutrients so you get more bang for your bite.
1. Apples – Green contains pectin, which creates a feeling of fullness.
2. Eggs – dubbed as the “complete protein with 9 essential amino acids that suppresses the appetite and tell your brain you’re full.
3. Oats – for breakfast, absorbs liquid like a sponge, meaning you’ll eat fewer calories but feel full until lunchtime. This super food is high in fiber, regulates blood sugar so you’re satisfied much longer.
4. Figs – great source of dense filling fiber, prevents hunger craving, naturally sweet and low in calories
5. Potatoes – yes I am shocked, but apparently potatoes when cooked correctly…grilled, baked, or broiled, have tons of nutritious fiber, Vitamin B6, potassium, copper, Vitamin C, Niacin, and phosphorus.
6. Greek Yogurt- this protein packed food is dubbed “the single best food for shedding pounds”. Natural has double the protein, no whey found to balance blood sugars and satisfy hunger longer.
7. Wheat Berries – super rich in protein and fiber, triggers the release of ghrelin, a hormone that tells the brain we are full.
8. Beans – yes they are good for your heart, high in fiber, fill you up quickly and also tell the brain you are full. Beans also provide resistant starch a type of carb that delays the release of sugar into the bloodstream.
Join us for your weight loss journey, give our readers some food for thought and share your weight loss success.
We will frequently provide additional resources and information that may give you the answers you are looking for. Cant find it here? Contact our office and let us help you make that first step!
Reba Weymouth FNP-C